Sunday 29 July 2012

Catholic media director lies about homosexuality/early death link


Peter Kearney is the director of the Scottish Catholic Media Office. He has recently stated that 'medical research showed there was a link between homosexuality and early death, arguing it was both “hazardous” and “harmful”' but provided no links or references to back this claim.




Here at MyGodlessLife I like to document the information for the claims made, and I expect nothing less than the same level of openness from a Catholic media office. Hence the following email;

Dear Mr Kearney,
I read today in The Telegraph that you believe there was “a link between same-sex sexual practice and early death” that was supported by medical research.
Would you be so kind as to provide the links to the medical research you are quoting?
Kind regards,
Mr Tris Stock


If you would like to contact Mr Kearney, I am sure he would be delighted to hear from you at pk@scmo.com.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, there is a solid link between homosexuality and an early death supported by numerous articles and research studies... the same has been said about many minorities that are being discriminated against. As any good psychologist will tell you, the link between homosexuality and an early death is moderated by the link between homosexuality and higher stress levels which are, quite obviously, due to discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get this straight. You come to a sceptics web site, and comment on his story regarding one person's claim not being backed up with the evidence he is citing, and proceed to 'correct' me by not backing up the claim by providing the evidence you are citing? Forgive me, but I shall wait for a response from the person concerned.

    I am not saying that such evidence doesn't exist, just that without citing it and having it held up to scrutiny, it is nothing more than a sound-bite and empty rhetoric.

    (Reading through my response again, I may have been a little cranky - Just woken up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is referring to the high suicide and STD rates among Homosexuals.
    http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/suicide-violence-prevention.htm
    http://www.cdc.gov/Features/HIVAIDSAwareness/

    ReplyDelete

Only Google Accounts accepted for comments.