“While we recognise that this recommendation will cause difficulties for some people in Cornwall, the stark truth is that the Council does not have the money to pick up the bill for this”-Jim Currie. Conservative Leader of Cornwall Council
Why is this idiotic? Because he thinks the poorest people in the county do have the money to pick up the bill.
Here is a question for Mr Currie:
Considering I have a negative annual income, and that I suspect that you do not, who is better situated of the two of us to 'pick up the bill', as you put it?This isn't empty rhetoric. I want an answer, Mr Currie.
Other posts in the series
- Do you get Council Tax Benefit in #Cornwall? Then bloody well read this and do something about it.
- #Cornwall Council's Cabinet is broken. Not to worry; I've reported it. #BloodFromStone
- #Cornwall Council Cabinet decision gets locals commenting. Not #BloodFromStone at all.
Join the Social Network Pages
- Facebook The Great Cornwall Council Poverty Tax
- Twitter using the #BloodFromStone hashtag
- Google+ The Great Cornwall Council Poverty Tax
Do you have a message for our illustrious Leader? Please leave a comment below. I will be emailing him a link at email@example.com