Wednesday 12 December 2012

My responses to the Pope's first Tweets.

Upon hearing Pope Benedict was to begin Tweeting, I signed up immediately. There is nothing more fun, don't you think, than being able to engage directly with the most powerful religious leader on the planet (*ahem). Here follow my opening salvoes.


Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart.
 Looking forward to the debate.


How can we celebrate the Year of Faith better in our daily lives?
 By ensuring that freedom of and from religion is guaranteed by all governments, and that privilege is banished forever.

By speaking with Jesus in prayer, listening to what he tells you in the Gospel and looking for him in those in need
 Jesus didn't write the Gospel. Neither did anyone that knew him.

Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex
How can faith in Jesus be lived in a world without hope?
 By deluding yourself that your feelings and desires are credible accounts of evidence.

Tris Stock ‏@mygodlesslife
 If there is no hope in the world, why faith?

We can be certain that a believer is never alone. God is the solid rock upon which we build our lives and his love is always faithful
 No we can't. Except rocks are not God; rocks are rocks. The lives of Catholics are without foundation.

Any suggestions on how to be more prayerful when we are so busy with the demands of work, families and the world?
 Disregard one's commitments in this life for the empty promise of another when we die from an unemployment induced hunger.

Offer everything you do to the Lord, ask his help in all the circumstances of daily life and remember that he is always beside you
 My actions are my own. Should He exist, He gave me such free will, and He wants that too? Beside me always, to claim my efforts.

Did you Tweet anything in return? I'd love to hear your own thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Google Accounts accepted for comments.