Tuesday 5 June 2012

At a Texas High School, Saying ‘Atheist’ Could Disrupt the Learning Process

At a Texas High School, Saying ‘Atheist’ Could Disrupt the Learning Process


My response is as follows:

Hi.
I have just seen your principal's notes on a Secular Student Alliance flyer.
I should like to ask him how, exactly, educating people in the meaning of a word that is a fundamental precept to the greater proportion of the events attendees, to others that may have a skewed misrepresentation of the term, constitutes a disruption to the education process?
Kind regards,
Mr Tris Stock
I can't honestly say I am expecting a response. Maybe you will have better luck. Remember to keep your response civil and to the point.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be very surprised if he replies, but I have a sincere hope that receiving notes of concern, expressed civilly, as yours is, will help him reflect on his decision and maybe even change his mind?

    If your readers are interested, my post and letter on the topic are here: http://cdogzilla.blogspot.com/2012/06/at-tx-high-school-saying-atheist-ist.html

    I'm on the lookout for more posts like this ...

    ReplyDelete

Only Google Accounts accepted for comments.